MAIN RESEARCH INTERESTS
-Efficiency of water supply and distribution systems.
-Water networks hydraulic modelling and simulation.
-Control optimisation techniques.
-Short-term water demand forecasting techniques.
- Since January 2012: PhD in Mechanical Engineering, Department of Mechanical Engineering, University of Aveiro, Aveiro, Portugal.
- 2009-2011: MSc in Sustainable Energy Systems, Department of Economics, Management and Industrial Engineering, University of Aveiro, Aveiro, Portugal.
- 2005-2009: : First Degree in Physics and Chemistry, Physics Department, University of Minho, Braga, Portugal.
- Since 2010: Member of the GRIDS research group – DiMEO (Division of Mechanical Engineering Optimisation) at the University of Aveiro, Aveiro, Portugal.
- Since 2015: Reviewer of the Environmental Engineering and Management Journal, Matei Macoveanu and Maria Gavrilescu (Eds.), “Gh. Asachi” Technical University of IASI
- Sep 2014 – Nov 2014: Intern at the Integrated Water Systems and Governance department of the Foundation UNESCO-IHE, Institute for Water Education, Delft, The Netherlands, supervised by Prof. Doctor Dimitri Solomatine and Prof. Doctor Andreja Jonoski of the Hydroinformatics Chair group at UNESCO-IHE, Delft, The Netherlands.
- Since 2014: Reviewer of the Journal Energy Efficiency, Paolo Bertoldi (Ed.), Springer.
- Since 2013: Reviewer of the International Journal of Water Sciences, Xixi Wang and Nigel W.T. Quinn (Eds.), InTech.
Participation in the project “Development of numerical tools and algorithms for energetic optimisation of water supply systems”. Society cooperation Project with the Telesensor, Lda (QREN Project nº 23699), Project Leader: António Gil d’Orey de Andrade Campos, of the Center for Mechanical Technology and Automation – TEMA – University of Aveiro. Global Budget: 24.538,50 euros.
Articles in International Journals
B. Coelho, A. Andrade-Campos (2014), Efficiency achievement in water supply systems – A review. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews 30, 59-84;
B. Coelho and A. Andrade-Campos (2013), Improving water supply systems efficiency – A methodology for optimal control of variable-speed pumps, Proceedings of 2013 IAHR Congress, Tsinghua University Press, Beijing;
B. Coelho, A. Tavares and A. Andrade-Campos (2012), Analysis of Diverse Optimisation Algorithms for Pump Scheduling in Water Supply Systems, EngOpt 2012 – 3rd International Conference of Engineering Optimisation, July 1st-5th, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
B. Coelho and A. Andrade-Campos (2012), Using Different Strategies for Improving Efficiency in Water Supply Systems, ECCOMAS YIC 2012 – 1st European Community on Computational Methods in Applied Sciences Young Investigators Conference, April 24th-27th, Aveiro, Portugal.