MAIN RESEARCH INTERESTS
The research interests transverse the industrial automation field in areas such as modeling and simulation, fluid power systems, hardware-in-the-loop simulation or automation and control systems. Recently, he has also been working in the area of intelligent bio-devices.
- Electronics and Telecommunications Engineering Degree, University of Aveiro, 1990.
- MSc Electronics and Telecommunications, University of Aveiro, 1994.
- PhD Mechanical Engineering, University of Aveiro, 2003
- [2003 – present] – Assistant Professor in Departamento de Engenharia Mecânica, Universidade de Aveiro
- [2012 – 2014] – Director, Master Course in Industrial Automation Engineering, University of Aveiro
- [2006 – 2011] – Head of Departamento de Engenharia Mecânica, Universidade de Aveiro
- Assistant Professor in Departamento de Engenharia Mecânica, Universidade de Aveiro, from 2003.
- Teaching Assistant in Departamento de Engenharia Mecânica, Universidade de Aveiro, 1995 – 2003.
- Teaching Assistant in Instituto Superior de Engenharia do Porto, 1995.
- Teaching Assistant in Escola Superior de Tecnologia, Universidade do Algarve, 1994.
- EXPL/EMS-SIS/2128/2013: In-vitro evaluation of stimulation methods for bone regeneration around orthopedic implants, (principal investigator).
- EXPL/EMS-TEC/0539/2013: Integration of the Incremental Forming Process into industrial environment: Feasible or not? (team member).
- PTDC/QUI-QUI/117803/2010: ASTHMA – Future asthma management helped by non-invasive sampling: contributes for the definition of a rapid and non-invasive diagnostic tool (team member).
- PTDC/EME-PME/103578/2008: Biorstimul- development and construction of new bioreactor concept to biomechanical and biochemical caracterization of engineered tissue cartilage (team member).
- PTDC/EME-PME/105465/2008: Physiologic supply system for in vivo evaluation of bone implants behavior (principal investigator).
- PTDC/EME-TME/098845/2008: Innovative Techniques and Efficient Strategies For Numerical Modelling and Experimental Analysis of Symmetrical and Asymmetrical Incremental Sheet Forming Processes (team member).
- PTDC/EME-PME/70824/2006: Componente femoral da prótese de anca para aquisição de deslocamento IN VIVO (team member).
Author or co-author of more than 100 publications in international peer-reviewed journals and conference proceedings, and 3 book chapters.
–SCOPUS – Author ID: 24766039900